PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Astra J: ernstes Problem opel astra cdti

delos
16.06.2018, 14:41
I have decided to join this forum and share with you all an unpleasant experience I have had with my car, an OPEL ASTRA SEDAN CDTi 1,6.

A nice, unsuspicious evening two weeks ago, I parked my car outside of my house as I do every time, without noticing any signs malfunction. Next morning, when I tried to start the engine I realized that the car couldn’t move as I was unable to set any gear on the gearbox! I called the road assistance and had it transferred at OPEL SINIS authorized service center in eastern Thessaloniki. Two days after, I received a call from the service center and the technician informed me that my car had a broken clutch, but the disk however had no signs of wear. He specifically mentioned that the disk had a “normal-for-its-38.640 km” wear (I have the car for 2,5 years), and he also mentioned that this damage could not be covered by the warranty therefore I would have to pay 530 euro to fix the car (they even offered me 30% discount!).

As you may understand I was much disappointed because my just-2,5 years old car (which hasn’t presented ANY problem or sign of damage until the previous night), was left at the parking only to be found with a broken clutch next morning while its disk was still in good condition…

I have sent my concerns via email at OPEL HELLAS in Athens, as the official representative in Greece, as well as at the main OPEL factory in Germany.
In the two first emails I received as an answer from Germany, they tried to make it as much clear as possible that they did have nothing to do with cars sold outside of Germany (!) and that I should deal directly with the local official representative (which is OPEL HELLAS). On their 3rd and last email they mentioned that they had forwarded my case to the local distributor to handle.
OPEL HELLAS has informed me that they had no answer to my concerns and enquiries regarding “how is it possible that I left my car working and the clutch just broke overnight?” and “how can a clutch brake with the disk remaining intact?”. They also said that I wasn’t covered by the warranty and that for any technical issues I should address my concerns towards the local distributor (OPEL SINIS).
So… the guys from the mother factory in Germany have no legal jurisdiction to interfere with my issue, OPEL HELLAS cannot provide any answer to my concerns and OPEL SINIS (the distributor) made it clear that for any repair they must receive authorization by OPEL HELLAS… Dude, what a mess…..

I know since the beginning of all this Odyssey that a broken clutch is by definition out of warranty when it is caused by the everyday use; however, if my concerns are taken into consideration then it could prove that the whole damage was caused by hardware failure and I believe this is indeed something that the distributor should cover.

I have talked with 5 different mechanics so far and they all ensured me that they have never seen such a case and that always when the clutch breaks then the disk must be heavily worn out.
Is there anyone that has had any similar experience?
Please share and enlighten me as I am uncertain what to do next… Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance to everyone that has taken the time to read this;
I have also some photos that can prove my points and I will be more than happy to discuss on them with anyone that wishes to contribute to my issue.